Friday, January 30, 2009

Professional astrologer am I?

When does someone become a professional astrologer?

That is my latest question that I am kicking around. And have I crossed the line?

As some of my readers know, I am currently working as a Staff Writer for the Community College of Denver's student newspaper, Campus Connection. It was a gig that was supposed to expand my portifolio. Instead as the year has gone on, I have drifted in writing for the same type of stuff that I always write: esoteric and occult.

In this latest issue, I had both an article about Divination Addiction and an astrology column.

So does writing a monthly astology column for a college newspaper make one a professional
astrologer? I don't know. But it is sure to bug my mother if she ever learns of it.

1 comment:

Frater Yechidah said...

If you get paid for it, then it's professional, particularly if it's a regular income, as opposed to doing a chart for someone once every few years.

I see nothing wrong with it if it's not abused. Someone people are willing to invest money instead of time, and some people, particularly magicians and writers, need money.

LVX,
Dean.