Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 and Denver esoteric groups

Over the last few days as we have approached the anniversity of 9/11, I have been thinking about how the Denver community dealt with 9/11.

At the time, I was in one of my public phrases (I drift in and out of the local community as the mood stucks me). So I was taking public classes over at Quantum Alchemy, besides dealing with Bast Temple.

(At this point, I think that I was no longer involved with the Thelemic Golden Dawn.)

Due to my work schedule, and travel habits (I do not drive due to the fact that moving vehicles set off my migraines which is why none of you ever see me at any of the bigger occult gatherings), I was walking to work that morning.

And it felt like a Sunday in downtown Denver (we fold up the sidewalks here), there were no one about that morning. It wasn't until I walked into the food court that I realized that it wasn't just a slow day.

I promptly lighted a candle when I learned what happened (one of the rights of wiccan restraurant managers everywhere).

Later that night, I went over to Quantum Alchemy. I do not remember if there was a class scheduled that night...I think that there was...anyways, the group there did a ritual that night in light of what happened.

And that Sunday, the Tarot class that Bast Temple was conducting jumped to the Tower card.

Now, looking back on the event and how various esoteric groups reacted, I realize that based on the groups that I was aware of at the time, those groups that had meetings/rituals that addressed 9/11 are still around, and those who did not have disappeared.

And talking to other people, I also realize that I am not the only one that has noticed this pattern. Now, Denver is too small of a sample to draw conclusions from, but it does make one wonder, doesn't it?

No comments: