Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hating Explorer and Windows

There are times I really hate Windows and Internet Explorer. I just had a post ate by an Explorer crash. I was comparing 777 with the material given in the Golden Dawn rituals and lectures; basically arguing that Regardie should not have given Crowley as much credit as he did; and just as I was about to hit "send", Explorer decided that it needed to restart. It wiped my clipboard also (I had just copied the post to my clipboard and was going to paste the post in Word).

Unfortunately, I have so much writing to do today, and there is also the annoyance factor, that I wrote a short answer instead that basically said "Compare 777 with the GD Knowledge Lectures."

3 comments:

Suecae Sounds said...

You should consider switching to Mozilla Firefox or another open source alternative. Generally Explorer isn't considered the most stable alternative. There is also Google Chrome.

Also, did you know that Blogspot automatically saves your post as it is written every minute? There is a big chance that you can recover your post if you instead of writing a new post look to the right of that column into what in English would be called 'edit posts'.

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Sorry my post here was unclear; it was actually a forum post that got ate...but I was considering recycling it here also. *sigh*

Suecae Sounds said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I wish there would be computers that did not crash and destroy our precious work. But that doesen't seem so realistic in this day and age.

I hear some people always write their work in a Office suite with autosave 'just in case'. That makes sense.

Anyway: sad to hear about your work getting lost. I would have read it with great interest. From one order source I have read that Liber 777 is Mathers work; yet judging from a couple of tables I think it comes natural to assume that some additions can be attributed to Crowley as well.

I personally would think it would be a worthy project to remove the thelemic references. Yet, that is not for me to do.