Monday, December 28, 2009

Quote of the day: What is an esoteric Order?

Today's quote is actually from myself. I was asking a question over on the Helium community boards. After spending several hours trying to figure out the answer to a FTC disclosure question (the one that Griffin made me think about), I decided to just ask writers and the administration there. Explaining the situation, I mentioned the fact that both parties involved belonged to esoteric Orders, which meant that I needed to define the term (I am assuming that most people there have no clue).

So here is my latest definition of esoteric Order:

For those who do not know what an esoteric Order is, think church with mysterious lore.

So what definition are you using? (Please post as a comment.)

1 comment:

Peregrin said...

Hi Morgan,

well from now on I'll be using your defintion :) What a brilliant description. Of course, the use of the word 'church' resonates with my Order's take on things, but could irk those who see magic as non-religious.

My previous clumsy descriptions talked about a collegium with an inner body of knowledge or interpretation of exoteric religious forms, practices and symbols.

Yours is much better.

Thanks for this :)