Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Star Wars Weapons Prohibited!!!

So last month, I mentioned that the recent theater shootings left me a little skittish about attending the premiere of the new Star Wars film in December. Well, it turns out that I was not the only one that looked at the upcoming event as a possible target rich environment.


A number of theater chains, including AMC and Cinemark, have came out and said, "No weapons, no masks, no face paint." So that means no blasters (prop or real), no light-sabers (prop...or real), no Darth Vader masks (real...or prop). That is going to make it a....well, if I was going, I would say that it was going to make it a lame party. But I am confident that the hardcore fans will still have a wonderful time.


But most importantly, this means that those cowboys who believe that they should be allowed to open carry their guns everywhere are also going to have to leave their guns and thousands of rounds of ammo at home. Oh, the horror of it all---someone is going to get hurt without all these good guys with guns to protect people against those bad people who seriously injure people with popcorn.


Cue the outcry of "This is how the Sith win---by taking away the movie goer's right to pack heat--imagined or real!" and arguments that the theaters should allow in a dozen armed with AK-47 cowboys per showing to protect the fans.



2 comments:

Imperator David Griffin said...

Did Colorado ban kids costumes on Halloween too? LOL.

I will be watching the premiere in the IMAX in Nevada, and yes - I will have definately have my light saber with me.

We might not yet have legal recreational marijuana in Nevada, but we can still wear Jedi robes to the Star Wars premier.

Don't want the nanny state telling you what clothes you can wear?

That's the great thing about state's rights. You can always vote with your feet!

Oh, did I mention our legal brothels?

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

You didn't actually read the post, did you?

This was a decision by movie theater chains. AMC and Cinemark are not the state of Colorado.

But any excuse to scream "State rights! And they are coming to take away your freedoms!" is a good one, right?