Monday, April 4, 2011

Is there another Bast Temple in Denver Colorado?

Ok, reading something in the general sewer back alley wonderfulness that is Golden Dawn news on the blogosphere, I found a reference to an "old Bast Temple", a "Lawrence Robinson" and an "Alex Walker"---all of which I was unaware of.

This is the first time that I have ever heard of the existence of another Bast Temple here in Denver, Colorado. Obviously, they are bigger and more important than the Bast Temple (BIORC) that I belong to---considering that I have never heard of them before.

As of this point in time, I am aware of two other Golden Dawn lodges operating here in Denver: Thoth-Amen-Ra (independent) and Thoth Hermes (Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn).

And to the best of my knowledge, none of the four lodges that were operating in the late 80s/early 90s were named Bast. Heavens knows that the lodge I belong to would have chosen another name and patron deity if we were aware of a previous or current lodge operating under this name.

I am not sure if the person has better information (aka more contacts than I do) or made a simple mistake. Nevertheless, I want it on the record that the Bast Temple I belong to is not the same lodge as the one that Alex Walker and Lawrence Robinson are involved in.

8 comments:

J.C. said...

If it is the blog I believe you are referring to, it is one Robert Zink is publishing to create strife in the GD community. Personally, I recommend you just ignore the blog, ignore Robert Zink, and eventually he'll have nobody to argue or fight with except the man in the mirror.

Rufus Opus said...

I thought Alex Walker was EOGD? XANDER WALKER, duhndaduhn!

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Well, I do not know who is behind the blog, but whoever they are---their information is slightly wrong.

I have never had any contact with Walker---and never been a member of the EOGD (whose members tend not to talk to me for some reason).

Imperator David Griffin said...

The blog is clearly just another Robert Zink sock puppet like Tommy and the Golden Dawn Insider. There is no error about Bast temple. The blog is about causing trouble and spreading defamation, pure and simple. It also had the information sideways about my recent lecture before the Society for the Anthropology of Consciousness in Portland on Internal alchemy. That is also resurrects Robert Zink's signature Nazi rumors pretty much clenches who the man behind the sock puppet is.
-David Griffin

Nick Farrell said...

Bloody Yanks and Brits are obsessed with Cats....
I would not be surprised if every second temple was not called Bast.

Nick Farrell said...

@ Capt Kirk..... I was looking forward to see what the rumour was about the London temple schism that I am supposed to be involved with

Imperator David Griffin said...

@ Nick Farrell

Let's not give Sideshow Bob's "Sock Puppet Enquirer" any encouragement, Nick.

Let's remember the Golden Dawn Cult and Nazi Tabloids that once cluttered the Blogosphere and that not everyone who reads Google realizes what a crock Bob's Punch and Judy show really is.

David

David

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Do any of us actually want members who fail the BS detection test?