Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thinking about this month's newsletter

I always love it when someone proves that I really need to do something. For several months, I had an idea of what my column for the May's issue of the Hearthstone OFM Newsletter is going to be about. And someone just made such a sweeping generalization on one of the Golden Dawn forums that I definitely have to do it. I thought it was going to be one of the local Wiccans that were going to make me loudly declare, "Don't speak for all of us, and declare your method of doing things the one and only way!"

Rule of thumb: Unless you have talked to everyone of a particular tradition (and their minds are permanently frozen), don't assume you know what all of them do and believe.

Edit: Opps, my bad. They were being sarcastic. Another general rule of thumb, sarcasm does not work on the internet...especially around those who have just spent the last six hours researching a term paper.

1 comment:

Frater GOIGrI said...

Well, you know what they say about assuming...