Saturday, April 28, 2012

Love the nicknames

I will admit that I love the nicknames that have been bestowed upon me during the latest flame war (or is it flame skirmish?). The list includes:

Morgan Schrodinger, the Neither-Neither man
MaybeMorgan
McMorgan
Morgan Epstein

(And let's not forget Morgan Hatfield from a previous episode---of course, given the current round I should be Morgan McCoy to fit in with the rest of the lot. But I must admit that I would not want to claim either side of that historic feud; both families were a little crazy, even by my standards.)

And I do have a personal favorite.

Of course, you know these nicknames are the polite, safe for work nicknames (yes, I am curious about the X-rated blue set that they use in private). And that the goal of them is to make sure that no one can actually read my little Golden Dawn blog here and see what I really said---after all, how is Google supposed to know that I am MaybeMorgan and McMorgan?

For instance, there is a chance that I might openly mention the fact that I would prefer not going to either trademark holder for the right to call myself Golden Dawn. In the 1980s and 1990s, none of the lodges that practiced Golden Dawn had to do that. And we had a nice level of diversity with a third of the drama.

Hell with the politics---I am simply annoyed with the fact that I have to ask for permission to properly label what I am doing---which is practicing a set of rituals and techniques called Golden Dawn by various occult writers. And no one really needed to worry that someone might mistake me for someone doing strict traditional Golden Dawn work---I have built my own little brand as a lunatic writer. After all, I am Morgan the Martian, as well as Morgan the Cat Herder.

Update: June 5, 2012--Another nickname has been added to the set, Eckstone; this one I understand because my last name, Eckstein, translates into "corner stone."

3 comments:

Joseph Max said...

I guess they've settled on "Mirror Max" for me. Imagine that - they've actually gone as far as to project their projection! Is that meta-projection?

Their answer to everything is this.

Joseph Max said...

Fringe Group Pushes Nazi Analogy

When Rep. Barney Frank was asked by a woman at a health care town hall meeting, “Why do you continue to support a Nazi policy?” the Massachusetts Democrat had a ready reply. “On what planet do you spend most of your time?” he shot back at the questioner, who was toting one of the now-infamous Obama-as-Hitler posters. Frank explained that he would not discuss the issue with her, since it would be like “trying to argue with a dining room table.”
[...]
But while much of the fighting over health care reform has broken down along traditional ideological lines, some of the most extreme rhetoric at the town hall meetings has been fueled by a cult-like sect led by eccentric conspiracy theorist Lyndon LaRouche. Indeed, the woman who confronted Frank has been identified as a member of the LaRouche Youth Movement.


Read more: http://www.forward.com/articles/113269/fringe-group-pushes-nazi-analogy/#ixzz1tRXfYOws

S. J. Reisner || Audrey Brice || S. Connolly said...

No Captain Morgan? :P