Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Die winter die

So today was Imbolic, Candlemas, or Groundhog Day, depending upon what you want to call it here in the Northern Hemisphere.

And I had nine inches of snow in my driveway.

At this point, there is only one thing to say:

Die winter! Die!!

Die winter! Die!
Not everyone was annoyed with the snow. My wife liked having a snow day (she is a school teacher in her "day job"). I will admit that I slacked off a little (I figured that my newest project was annoying enough without me having to do anything else today).

Some people even had some fun in the snow.

Peyton Snowmanning.

For instance, the folks at the local news station (KDVR Fox 31) attempted to build a snowman in the likeness of Peyton Manning (because how else do you show your support for the Denver Broncos on a snow day?). Unfortunately, the snow was a little too light and dry to build a snowman. Either that, or their snowman building skills are even worse then mine.

As for whether winter is ending soon, Denver has another cold week, and another snowstorm coming later this week, so it is at least another week of winter for those of us in Colorado.

Have I mentioned that I have been chanting, Die Winter! Die!?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I guess it just goes to show you that even as humans are claiming it's the start of spring, Gaia has other plans...