Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good luck with your meat fight!


One of my favorite scenes from Dharma and Greg.
Ok, I have hit the point where I firmly suspect that I am going to be blacklisted because I refuse to see that Nick Farrell was only bad-mouthing one particular group that claims AO descent in the introduction to King Over the Water: Samuel Mathers and the Golden Dawn. Furthermore, I refuse to retract my good review of the book.

Let me be clear, I have personnally seen other groups doing this...aka in living memory and within the last decade. The trademark did not stop this from happening; it merely removed it from public view. Some of these leaders were bad. And just because your group is good today, it does not mean that it will be good tommorrow. Therefore, I see the need for the warning, and I have serious doubts that it was only referring to one particular group. And no, I do not believe that descent from the original Order, or communication with Secret Chiefs, automatically makes you good guys.

I am not interested in your proof that you are real and your leader pure---let me be clear---I have personnally been buried by people claiming descent from the AO; I have also been burned by people claiming to be communicating with the Secret Chiefs (Third Order). I do not need to see Farrell's proof that people have abused the vaccuum that a lack of information has generated---I have experienced the abuse first hand.

I may not only have a Crowley in my woodpile; I may also have a Mathers in my woodpile. I have been told that my lineage traces through Mathers. Of course, because I am not a member of the trademarked organization, therefore I am no longer AO.

When you demand that Farrell apologizes to everyone in the AO community, am I one of the people he is supposed to apologize to? No. Because I am not a card-carrying member of the trademarked Order.

Therefore, forgive me...and go ahead blacklist me...because I am just as AO as the rest of you (according to some of the people who I have dealt with) and I do not see the need for Farrell to apologize to me (because of abuse by people who claimed to be AO).

Good luck with your meat fight!

5 comments:

Imperator David Griffin said...

Now that you mention it, why not? Farrell owes you and apology as well. He actually threw a pie in the face of the entire Golden Dawn community with that silly rumor he has engendered.

Fr. A. said...

I love Dharma and Greg but was working 3 jobs when they were on TV. Is there a link to the meat fight episode anywhere?

This sounds hilarious.

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

David--The people who owe me an apology are those who claimed to be AO and then abused the trust of their members. Your suggestion more or less says that my experiences are insignificant. Pardon me if I chose to disagree.

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

Frater AM--The episode in question is season one, episode four (Then there was the wedding). I will look around to see if I can find it...because it is hard not to associate it with this particular situation.

PhoenixAngel said...

...PhoenixAngel sticks her earbuds back in ears and turns her Ipod on louder while she earnestly tries to concentrate on her Work