Friday, October 4, 2013

Do superheroes really want peace? (31-HP Day 5)

Imagine a world without crime
Imagine a world without war
Without natural disasters
And no accidents
Imagine a world without capes
No supervillains to protect us from
No invading aliens
No need for heroes
Peace, harmony, boredom.

What is a superhero to do?
So much power and no purpose
No one to protect
No one to serve
No one to cheer
No need to exist
Not even a cat stuck up a tree
Why would a superman want such a perfected world?
Peace, harmony, boredom.

Far better is violence
Far better is villainy
Far better is war
Chaos and destruction
If nature does not provide
Create it yourself
A need for your purpose
Supervillains, corrupt governments,
And evil as far as the eye sees.

Rejoice in the disharmony
Exercise your powers
Put on cowl and cape
Kiss the babies
And lie, lie, lie about desiring peace
Photos, stories, movies, documentaries, and fans,
It is what a superhero needs
Not peace, not harmony, not boredom
Bring on the disasters and violence!

6 comments:

Nate said...

Hi Morgan,

I believe in life that everything needs balance. You're right life would be boring without crime or drama. Just like in blogging, imagine if you were the only one blogging and no one else blogged that would be boring as well. I believe everything happens for a reason and that balance in life is important. Thank you for the post!

Wonderfully Women.com said...

I definately prefer peace. War and crime are so destructive, benefiting no-one. Enjoye the piece, well written. Nikki@Wonderfully Women

Brenda Trott said...

The only way I can relate to peace being boring is when I think about football. The games that are really close in scores all the way through are the most entertaining. I guess football is my hero:)

Anita-Clare Field said...

Another great post, I loathe war and destruction of any kind, I think superhero's could handle a bit of piece. Love that it's poetry again. My partner is a writer and poet and she's on the challenge too. I'll point her your way.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to make a point Morgan. It creates food for thought and has many layers. I can't wait to read more of your writing.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to make a point Morgan. It creates food for thought and has many layers. I can't wait to read more of your writing.