Monday, October 28, 2013

Hollywood reboot (31-HP Day 29)

Paid good money
Stood in line forever
Made new friends
Just to be first to learn
How horrible it was

Eyes blinded
That train wreck
My favorite book ruined
Can't Hollywood read?
Boy, did it blow

What a waste
My precious time
Gone down the drain
Could have stayed home
Gone to bed on time

I tweet, I blog
I Facebook, I meme
Ranting and raving
Foaming at mouth
Minus a million stars

Never again
Will I trust
Stupid, dumb Hollywood
To treat a beloved book
With the proper respect

What? No kidding?
Someone special and nice
Just brought the movie rights
To my favorite story--Alien XYZ
I can't wait to see it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. We are big movie buffs too, and it seems like a lot of times we are disappointed on our Friday movie dates (this friday was one of them!), but we keep going back, hoping to get struck by that one in 10 that will blow you away. Happy hunting from the UBC. www.jansenphotoexplorations.com
Holly

Educ8r said...

Excellent poem. I agree, nothing irritates me more than when Hollywood destroys a great book. I could list at least 10 off the top of my head. So disappointing.

Cindy said...

I'm getting ready to be disappointed on Thursday night when I see Ender's Game. The good news is that i don't think I can be more disappointed than I was when I went to The Last Airbender. What M. Night Shamylan di did to that amazing anime should have ended his career.

Cindy
http://scribler.us