Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another death at my house (31-HP Day 24 & 31 Days of Halloween Kitties Day 23)

A picture of Merlin from the Presidential election.
Apologies to both those who have been following the 31 Halloween Poems and/or year three of 31 Days of Halloween Kitties, but I am a little off today. Last night, one of my cats, Merlin passed away in his sleep. He had been ill for awhile, and try as we might he wasn't getting any better despite getting medicine from the vet.

This afternoon, me and my wife buried him out in the yard near a stand of catnip--he was the biggest catnip fiend in the house. So this is the fifth cat that is buried out in the yard (the seventh that has died here since we brought the house eleven years ago). The cat ghosts here outnumber the human ghosts.

Speaking of human ghosts, today I learned of an expensive (twelve dollars for a basic search) website to see if someone had died in your house. It is only for the United States; and no, I did not attempt a search...because twelve bucks for a basic search seems a little pricey to me (and I am not sure how reliable it would be--after all, I know that there are still a lot of records that have not been digitalized...thanks to my time in the UCD history department and researching stuff at the Western History collection at the Denver Public Library).

So hopefully, I am back on my game tomorrow, and will return you to back to the regularly scheduled programs of poems and cat pictures. And if not, I know that you will understand.

9 comments:

Tabatha said...

So sorry to hear about Merlin. It's never easy to lose a beloved kitty. I'm sure he lived a great life though.

Deanna Bonds said...

Sorry to hear about Merlin. It is always hard to loose our babies.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to say good by to a furry family member.

Sol Searching said...

Really sorry to hear about your cat passing. Its never easy to lose a loved one.

My prayers to you and your family.

Jean said...

So sorry for your loss. Fur-babies are family too.

DinoMama said...

So sorry to hear about Merlin's passing. It's always difficult to lose someone dear to our heart. Take care~

tlryder said...

Sorry for your loss. As Jean said, our furry household residents are family too. Even though cat lives are short by human reckoning, I think Merlin's was definitely a life full of love!

Anonymous said...

sorry for your loss. my prayers are with your family

Unknown said...

Morgan and family, I am so sorry for your loss.
Gee, if you really want to know if someone died in your house, you can go to the local court house. that how the $12 deal would find out for you. sounds kind of interesting, tho'.

been plagued by troll, myself lately.