Sunday, September 30, 2012

Odds of me being at the Peace and Harmony Pow Wow

Someone asked me if I was going to the Peace and Harmony Pow Wow being hosted by the HOGD/AO--and I thought that I would post my answer here...just in case, anyone else was curious.

Odds are that I will not be going for simple budget reasons. As most of my regular readers know, I recently finished up two Bachelor degrees; I am currently taking some time off to work on my business before applying to the Masters program. I simply do not have the money to go to such an event.

In order to even think about going to the gathering, my business would have to do better than my wildest dreams in this last quarter of 2012. I am not saying that it is impossible, but it is highly unlikely.

In other words, I have to sell a lot of ebooks to be able to go (aka I need to get a lot of fresh ebooks written and up on the internet before the Xmas season begins, and they have to be hot sellers).

And honestly, even if the money did come together--there is so much bad blood between me and their membership, especially a couple of them, that it is probably best that I do not go; it is the type of bad blood that restraining orders were invented for--in fact, it reminds of exactly the type of bad blood that plagues my family. Furthermore, given the fact that it is only a matter of time before I make them openly upset again--not "if"; it is "when"--I imagine that they will be wanting my head on a platter long before the Pow Wow. I could be wrong about this last part--but given the track record of how many times I have annoyed them since 2000, it is a safe bet that I will be unwelcome by the time that the Pow Wow rolls around. It is not that I try to annoy them; it is just that I continue to be me, which seems to be offensive enough for all practical purposes.

No comments: