Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spirit Ways is 12!

I am always interested in occult stores. Here in Denver, one of the more interesting ones, in my opinion, is Spirit Ways over on 3301 E. Colfax Avenue.

For those who have never been in the neighborhood, let me describe it. Across the street is a liquor store, a karate school, and a bar. Down just a couple of blocks is a 7-11. Oh, right next door is the Bluebird Theatre, and an adult entertainment store.

It is an interesting place to drop an occult store.

And this Saturday, September 19th, Spirit Ways is celebrating their 12th anniversary. Happy birthday Spirit Ways!

I first met the owner, Nancy, when she was working over at Herbs and Arts, another occult shop here in Denver. Then she and another person started Spirit Ways. My wife, Toni, used to do business with them when she was making pottery; actually, there are still a couple of pieces of Toni's pottery over there.

(The reason Toni is no longer making pottery is a full time job in elementary education and the pursuit of a second Bachelor degree. She may or may not someday resume making pottery.)

I may or may not drop in to Spirit Ways on Saturday to see what is going on (I understand that they are going to be doing some fun stuff with the kids as well as a special drum circle that night); it all depends upon how caught up I am by then.

No comments: