Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Correspondence Course Delayed

Looking around I realized this morning that the long-promised Bast Temple (BIOGD/BIORC) correspondence course is going to suffer another delay. Not that this changes anything for the first set of people who are going to see the course (aka the beta-testers)---they are still going to see the most important parts of the course around the first of the year.

Reasons are all on my end: This semester is kicking my ass (the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to look like a train); I have been devoting time to my wife's business (and ignoring both the Order and my own business); I have not caught up with my foundational course work (ironically, this semester course work relates to it in a strange way).

There is also the fact that I do not like the current round of Golden Dawn politics going on. It doesn't take a cracked crystal ball to realize that the quickest way to be called an ignorant con-artist is to publish a Golden Dawn book or run a correspondence course. And if the upcoming books of mine don't get me called this, the course would sure would succeed in getting me this "esteemed" title. It is a sad field of study that only allows one honest expert to exist, with all the rest automatically being labeled frauds. Oh well, I knew what I was getting into when I decided that this work needed to be done.

And someplace, a horde of monkeys laugh.

3 comments:

Frater Yechidah said...

I wouldn't let the fact that some people might dismiss you or your work stop you publishing books or doing a correspondence course. There will undoubtedly be far more people (if less vocal) who would appreciate them.

Out of curiosity, what are your planned books?

LVX,
Dean.

Fr. A. said...

To be honest I would consider you one of the few voices of reason in the Bizarro World the GD has become:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

I am repeatedly reminded of the Yellow Lantern of Late:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Lantern

The ocelot said...

Look, Morgan! I've become a follower! Your Secret Chiefs called my Secret Chiefs and told me to do so, and, being a good two-legs-has-thumbs, I obeyed. ;)