Monday, August 15, 2011

I am not your label

You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to.

I am not a recreationist.

I am not a traditionist.

I am not a reformist.

I am not an evil scholar.

I am not a disbeliever.

I am not a Borg.

I am not a Federation officer.

I am not a Klingon.

I am not a Romulan.

I am not a Hatsfield.

I am not "whatever label" you want to assign to me in order to make sure that people consider me an enemy.

I am not going to be pushed, filed, indexed, stamped, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. My identity is my own to choose.

I am a free man...therefore, I am going to continue to do and say things that are going to annoy you sooner or later.

Probably sooner.

3 comments:

Fr. A. said...

I am, in my own disturbingly warped mind, reminded of "Fight Club":

"I am Jack's smirking revenge."
"I am Jack's cold sweat"
"I am Jack's raging bile duct"
"I am Jack's broken heart"
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Jim Blake said...

I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles,
I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.

Edward Reib said...

LOVE it