Monday, December 26, 2011

One Pot Witchery Stone Soup (ebook review)

ebook review: One Pot Witchery Stone Soup---the Hidden Grimoire of the Kitchen Hedge Witch (Barbara Ann Daca).

A few years ago, I spent a lot of time hanging out at Herbs and Arts, one of the occult shops here in Denver. At the time, Morning Glory was running the shop. There were a lot of evening classes held there during this time period, plus several that happened on the weekends. I took several classes from Morning Glory; I also took a class from Cassandra, a kitchen witch.

One of the relics (it is a relic to me) that resulted from this time in my magical training was a notebook that had the stray lines of ritual, wise sayings, cooking notes, and herbal recipes in it. And One Pot Witchery Stone Soup reminds me of that old notebook of mine.

One Pot Witchery Stone Soup is one part cook book (there are a couple of recipes I need to try), one part spell book (there are a couple of spells I need to try), and one part collection of lore and wise witch sayings (dressing in red for your weddings ensures faithfulness in bed---I did not know that, but I do like the idea now that I do).

My only issue with this ebook is the formating (Kindle version). It has all the earmarks of the print copy file being used for the ebook. There are places that sections are muddled together, and there are a couple of places where I am sure a different font was used and stripped out when it was converted to ebook form (it is either that or those who taught me certain things were using a different script style---if you know it, you will spot it). The author might have been better off creating a clean file for the ebook creation process. But let's be honest, all writers working in the ebook trade, including myself, are experiencing a learning curve on the proper ways to format ebooks. The information in the ebook far outweighs the formating issues.

I give this book four out of five pentacles.

[Disclosure notice: this ebook review was based on a free ebook copy being given out by the author for promotional purposes.]

And if you would like a copy of this ebook, the author is giving away free copies until December 30, 2011 on Amazon.

(Copying from the author's Facebook page posting)

DECEMBER 26TH to 30TH *FREE*FREE*FREE* KINDLE DOWNLOAD *FREE*FREE*
Please Share, Re-Copy, Foward and Help us Get to 100,000 Downloads!*FREE*
Download our book http://www.amazon.com/One-Pot-Witchery-Grimiore-ebook/dp/B001DTD7AM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1324920971&sr=1-1 From Monday December 26th 2011 to Friday December 30th For *FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*FREE*!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS REAL - THERE IS NO CATCH WHATSOEVER! WE JUST ASK THAT YOU PAY IT FORWARD & HELP US GET TO 100,000 Downloads IN 5 DAYS!♥ ♥ ♥
Thank YOU! Thank YOU! Thank YOU! Thank YOU! Thank YOU! +One Pot Witchery

No comments: