Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last minute ritual changes

Talked to one of my helpers for Friday's Open Full Moon ritual. We were debating if we should flip the first story with the second story of the ritual. Hmmm, I am not sure. And honestly, I will not know until the last moment what we will decide.

What?! You say that your rituals are actually planned and mapped out better.

Good for you.

But for Friday's ritual, I can't make certain decisions before the very last moment.

Why? you ask.

Simple, Friday's OFM is about Storytelling and Interaction with the Audience. Without a time machine, the best I can do is wait to see the mood of my audience before making certain last minute changes in the ritual.

In many ways, it reminds me of running a restaurant. You can do all the prep you want, but you cannot premake certain items---you must wait until someone orders them to know how many you actually needed.

Oh, sure you can make the items---it is just that fresh cooked food is better than premade food sitting in a steam table. I presume that I am not the only one that feels this way.

And in the case of this ritual, certain decisions are actually going to be based on Audience Responses. As I said, I do not have a time machine. So here is to the last minute decisions that I am going to make. Hopefully, none of them get me called a Bad Monkey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least they're planned last-minute changes; planning to be adaptable is still planning.